Turkey Picatta on Grilled Rolls
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in liquid, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Black pepper (optional), to taste
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White Deli Turkey Breast
- 4 soft French rolls, cut lengthwise into halves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, thin sliced (1 ounce each) or use 4 slices Swiss cheese, thin sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves (optional)
- Red pepper slivers (optional)
- Capers (optional - additional)
- Combine lemon juice, oil, 2 tablespoons capers with liquid, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish or large heavy plastic bag.
- Add turkey. Cover dish or close bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Remove turkey from marinade and discard marinade.
- Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking.
- Grill turkey, on an uncovered grill, over medium-hot Kingsford briquettes, 2 minutes until turkey is cooked through, turning once.
- Move cooked turkey slices to edge of grill to keep warm.
- Grill rolls, cut side down, until toasted.
- Fill rolls with hot turkey slices, dividing equally.
- Add mozzarella to sandwiches, if desired.
- Serve with lettuce, red pepper, and additional capers, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540 Calories from fat: 242 Total fat: 27 gm Saturated fat: 6 gm Cholesterol: 84 mg Sodium: 671 mg Carbohydrate: 34 gm Protein: 40 gm
Recipe used with permission from
Honeysuckle White Turkey Products.