Apricot Pork Spareribs
- 4 pounds pork side spareribs
- 1 (19 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- The day before the barbecue, place apricots in a blender. Process until smooth. Place apricot puree in a saucepan and add remaining marinade ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Place pork ribs in a glass or ceramic dish large enough for the sheets of ribs to lie flat. Pour marinade over ribs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Turn a few times.
- Remove ribs from marinade. Reserve marinade for basting.
- Grill ribs over medium-hot coals for 15-20 minutes, basing and turning frequently.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.