Barbecue Rum Ribs
- 4 pounds spare ribs (or country style)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (use garlic press)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Get the ribs cooking before you start the marinade. Wrap individually the
rack of ribs in a double thickness of aluminum foil and bake them in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl. After 1 1/2 hours, remove
the ribs from the oven, unwrap them and drain the drippings. If possible place
the ribs in a shallow baking dish, pour your marinade over them and let them
sit at room temperature for an hour.
- You can either bake the ribs in preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes
and baste with the marinade, or grill them for 30 minutes on low/medium heat
while turning and basting.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine - May 15, 2001.