Bourbon Baby Back Ribs
- 1 (1 3/4- to 2-pound) rack baby back pork ribs, cut into 2-rib sections
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup purchased barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Sprinkle ribs with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill. Cover and grill 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix barbecue sauce, cilantro, onion, bourbon, chili powder and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cumin in heavy small saucepan; bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Place saucepan at edge of grill to keep sauce warm.
- Turn ribs meaty side down. Cover and grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Turn ribs over again; brush meaty side generously with sauce. Cover and grill ribs until sauce sets thickly, about 3 minutes longer.
- Divide ribs between plates.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/10/2002 6:59 am.