Cajun-Style Barbecued Ribs
- 3 pounds pork spareribs or back ribs
- 1 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Parboil ribs for 45 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan; mix well. Bring to boil;
reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For outdoor cooking: Place ribs, bone side down, on greased grill over low coals (coals will
be ash gray). Grill, uncovered, 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Brush with barbecue sauce mixture and continue grilling 20 minutes,
turning and brushing with barbecue sauce mixture after 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.