Dilled 'n' Grilled Shortribs
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups dill pickle liquid (from quart jar of dill pickles)
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- Marinate short ribs in pickle liquid
for several hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally. Drain
- In blender container, blend peppercorns
until cracked. Add oil, dill pickles, onion and garlic; blend until thick
and fairy smooth.
- Place short ribs on grill; brush
with pickle-peppercorn mixture.
- Grill short ribs about 5 inches
from medium-hot coals for about 5 to 7 minutes per side for rare doneness.
Turn and brush ribs occasionally with pickle mixture.
- Garnish with pickle slices, pimiento
and parsley, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings