Fennel-Pepper Back Ribs
This simple Scandinavian-inspired rub enhances the succulent flavor of pork back ribs, and
eschews the addition of a sauce. Serve with Dilled Cucumber Salad, potato salad and rye bread.
- 1 slab pork back ribs, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In blender container or spice grinder, blend together well the pepper, fennel, sage and salt.
- Rub about 2 tablespoons rub, or to taste, over all surfaces of ribs.
- Store any remaining rub in tightly covered jar.
- Prepare banked fire in covered kettle-style grill.
- Grill ribs over indirect heat, turning a couple of times, for about 2 hours, until meat is very tender.
Prep time 10 min | Cook time 120 min | Serves 2
Nutritional Information: Calories: 708 calories Protein: 46 grams Fat: 54 grams Sodium: 1350 milligrams Cholesterol: 214 milligrams Saturated Fat: 20 grams Carbohydrates: 7 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board