Fire Cracker Pork Ribs
Cool down these zesty, spicy-hot ribs with a dipping sauce of blue cheese salad dressing and serve with crisp celery sticks and baby carrots.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs (St. Louis-style ribs)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo-style wing sauce
- Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Mix together paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over both sides of ribs. Wrap ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours, if desired.
- In a covered charcoal grill, prepare a medium-hot fire. Bank coals on both sides of grill. Place drip pan in center. Place ribs, bone side down, in center of grill over drip pan. Cover and grill over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, adding more briquettes, if necessary, to maintain an even grill temperature.
- Generously brush ribs with wing sauce. Continue to grill, covered, for 30 minutes more or until meat is very tender, generously brushing with sauce again after 15 minutes. Transfer ribs to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To serve, brush ribs with sauce and cut into serving-size portions.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.
>> Rib Recipes