Grilled Ribs with Cherry Cola Barbecue Sauce
Lick-your-fingers good! Grilled Ribs with Cherry Cola Barbecue Sauce are a fantastic summertime supper.
Precooking the ribs in the oven or microwave shortens the grilling time, helps tenderize the meat and removes some of the fat.
You can use regular cola instead of the cherry cola if you like.
- 5 to 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can cherry cola
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons buffalo wing hot sauce or other hot sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut ribs into serving-size sections. Rub ribs with seasoned salt, garlic pepper and ginger. Place ribs in 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan, overlapping slightly.
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix barbecue sauce, cola, preserves, mustard and buffalo wing sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cover and grill ribs over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with barbecue sauce mixture to glaze.
- Heat remaining barbecue sauce mixture to boiling; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve sauce with ribs.
Prep: 30 min | Total: 2 hr | Servings: 6
Nutrition: 1 Serving Calories 830 ( Calories from Fat 500), Total Fat 55g (Saturated Fat 20g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 220mg Sodium 840mg Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 24g ), Protein 53g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: