Grilled Ribs Supreme
Chris Gerke of Windsor won first place at the Missouri State Fair with these spicy ribs. She suggests grilling vegetable kabobs during the last several minutes of grilling to serve with the ribs.
- 5 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/4 cup Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup French dressing
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Salt-Free Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Santa Maria Style Seasoning OR 1 teaspoon garlic salt and 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Rub Jamaican Jerk Seasoning onto both sides of ribs.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl. Divide sauce in half. Set aside.
- Grill over medium indirect heat 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender, turning once or twice and brushing with 1/2 of the sauce mixture the last 15 minutes of grilling.
- Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
- Serve with skewered vegetables cooked beside the ribs on the grill.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 120 minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories: 1039 calories Protein: 63 grams Fat: 78 grams Sodium: 1877 milligrams Cholesterol: 255 milligrams Saturated Fat: 78 grams Carbohydrates: 16 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.