Grilled Sweet and Sour Ribs
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of red pepper sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 pounds rack fresh pork loin back ribs or country ribs or Texas ribs
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sweet and Sour Sauce: Heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Ribs: Place ribs in Dutch oven. Add water and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove ribs and drain.
- Mix soy sauce and cornstarch and brush on ribs. Continue brushing both sides of ribs with soy sauce mixture every 10 minutes, allowing mixture to penetrate pork until mixture is gone (approximately 40 minutes).
- Cover and grill ribs 5 to 6 inches from medium coals, brushing with Sweet and Sour Sauce every 3 minutes until ribs are done and meat begins to pull away from bone. Grill at 170 degrees F, approximately 40 minutes.