Hearty Boys Cilantro-Garlic Ribs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed, leaves coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian sweet chili sauce (from Asian aisle of supermarkets or Asian specialty markets)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 pounds pork back ribs, cut into 2 racks
- Vegetable oil
- In a blender or food processor combine garlic, cilantro, and sugar; blend or process until ingredients form a paste.
- Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and vegetable oil. Pulse until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs in a large glass, plastic, or stainless steel container, turning ribs to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove ribs from the sauce, shaking off any excess. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Place the ribs on the grill meaty side down for 8 minutes.
- Flip and grill another 4 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish and pour reservedsauce over ribs. Cover with foil and bake 3 hours.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Prep: 20 minutes
Marinate: Up to 24 hours
Bake: 3 hours 250 degrees F
Grill: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
nutrition facts Calories 609 Total Fat (g)48 Saturated Fat (g)18, Monounsaturated Fat (g)23, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)4, Cholesterol (mg)169, Sodium (mg)491, Carbohydrate (g)2, Total Sugar (g)1, Protein (g)35, Vitamin C (DV%)2, Calcium (DV%)7, Iron (DV%)11
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Source: Hearty Boys Catering, Chicago, Illinois
>> Grilled Beef Recipes