Hoot-n-Holler Baby Back Pork Ribs
Your guests will be sure to give a holler for these ribs from Beverly Miller of Amarillo, Texas that won first place at the Amarillo Tri-State Fair.
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs, (about 1 1/2-pounds per rack)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar prepared mesquite-flavored marinade
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, peeled
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce, (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs.
- Add marinade, bay leaves and onion. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.) Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F.).
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.
Servings: 6 to 8 | Prep: 45 min | Cook: 30 min
Nutrition: Calories: 577 calories Protein: 28 grams Fat: 41 grams Sodium: 1037 milligrams Cholesterol: 137 milligrams Saturated Fat: 15 grams Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board