Hot Tempered Baby Back Ribs
with Sweet Guava Glaze
Create some sweet-heat at your next barbecue with these mouth watering ribs. The sweet flavors of brown sugar and guava jelly perfectly compliment the zing of ginger, cinnamon and red pepper.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Season-All Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 3-4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup guava jelly *
- Combine brown sugar and spices in a small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons spice mixture.
- Rub remaining spice mixture on ribs; coat well.
- Place ribs in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (17 x 11-inch) or roasting pan. Pour water into pan; cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F 1 hour, or until meat starts to pull away from bones.
- Meanwhile, combine jelly and reserved spice mixture.
- Brush steamed ribs with jelly mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight, if desired.
- Grill or broil 3-5 minutes per side, or until heated through and nicely browned.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Marinate: 1 hour
Makes 4 servings
* Available in International aisle of grocery store.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 832, Fat: 36 g, Cholesterol: 149 mg, Sodium: 823 mg, Carbohydrates: 55 g, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 72 g
Recipe and photo credit: