The distinctive flavor of jerk seasonings create a bold flavor for these
ribs. Play some steel drum music and serve with fresh tropical fruits and beans
- 2 pounds pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- In small jar with tight-fitting lid, shake together all dry ingredients
until well-blended. Rub dry mixture onto all surfaces of ribs.
- Grill ribs over indirect heat in covered grill, turning occasionally, until
ribs are very tender, about 1 1/2 hours (or roast ribs on rack in shallow pan
in 350 degrees F. for 1 1/2 hours).
- Cut into 1- or 2-rib portions to serve.
prep time 10 min | cook time 90 min | serves 10
Nutritional Information: Calories: 170 calories Protein: 10 grams Fat: 12
grams Sodium: 510 milligrams Cholesterol: 50 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates:
4 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com