New Mexican Back Ribs
These ribs give new meaning to "hot off the grill." The dry rub of seasonings give these ribs a savory and slightly incendiary mix of flavor.
- 3-4 pounds pork back ribs
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, (ground red pepper)
- In small bowl, stir together all seasoning ingredients. Rub ribs on all surfaces with seasoning rub.
- Place ribs on a medium-hot grill over indirect heat; close grill hood and grill until ribs are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (Add more charcoal briquettes to fire, if necessary, to maintain grill temperature of about 325-350 degrees F.)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information: Calories: 713 calories Protein: 46 grams Fat: 56 grams Sodium: 1429 milligrams Cholesterol: 214 milligrams Saturated Fat: 20 grams Carbohydrates: 7 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.