Rizzo's the Riz's Ribs
The "rub" used in Rizzo's rib recipe comes from Willingham's in Memphis, Tennessee. Willingham's specializes in barbecue.
- 3 slabs baby back ribs, already trimmed
- 3 small cans pineapple juice
- 1 bottle Wham seasoning or BBQ rub
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 can Classic Coca-Cola
- Two nights before cooking, soak ribs overnight in pineapple juice.
- The night before cooking, rub down ribs (both sides) with seasoning and let sit until the next morning.
- Do not remove or rinse rub from ribs, stand ribs up in roaster with small amount of water on the bottom and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours (less time for only 1 or 2 slabs), occasionally baste the slabs with can of Classic Coke.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 hours (cool off period).
- Finish on either an outdoor grill or oven broiler, saucing at least 5 times on both back and front of the slabs, about 15 to 25 minutes. Ribs will melt in your mouth!