- 4 pounds spareribs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into bite-size pieces. Line roasting pan with a double thickness
of aluminum foil. Place ribs in pan and seal ribs tightly in foil. Bake for
1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap ribs and pour off drippings.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make a marinade and pour half of marinade
over ribs. Continue baking for 1 1/2 hours.
- Lay ribs on grill 6 inches from heat. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, basting
ribs with remaining marinade several times while cooking.