Sierra Ranch Ribs
- 4 pounds country-style spareribs, trimmed, cut into serving pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Karo dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a 5-quart kettle place spareribs; add water to depth of 1 inch. Cover. Bring to boil over high heat; reduce heat and boil gently 1 hour or until ribs are fork tender.
- In 1-quart saucepan mix together remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain ribs. Brush generously with sauce.
- To grill, place ribs 6 inches from source of heat, basting and turning frequently, about 15 minutes or until browned.
- To broil, place ribs on broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from source of heat, basting occasionally, about 10 minutes on each side. If desired, heat remaining sauce and serve with ribs.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.