Spicy Grilled Short Ribs
- 1 1/2 pounds well-trimmed beef short ribs, cut crosswise 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine barbecue sauce, lemon juice, jalapeno peppers and green onion. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade.
- Place ribs in large plastic bag; add remaining marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade. Place ribs on grid over medium coals. Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, brushing with marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To reduce heat of jalapenos, remove ribs and seeds.
Reprinted with permission from
the Texas Beef Council.