Strawberry-Jalapeno Barbecue Ribs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves or strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar or beer
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 pounds pork loin back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sauce: In a small saucepan cook the onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
Stir in the ketchup, strawberry preserves or jam, vinegar or beer, jalapeno
peppers, steak sauce and chili powder. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer,
uncovered, about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from ribs.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the cumin garlic salt, and red pepper.
Sprinkle cumin mixture evenly over both sides of ribs; rub into surface.
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces.
- In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test
for medium heat above the pan.
- If desired, place ribs in a rib rack. Place ribs on the grill rack directly
over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until the ribs
are tender. Add more coals as needed. Brush ribs with the sauce occasionally
during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Heat the remaining sauce until bubbly; serve with the ribs.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Rib Recipes