Sweet Chili Beef Ribs
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 small fresh red chile, chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 pounds trimmed beef back ribs
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In saucepan combine water, vinegar, hoisin sauce, red chile and brown sugar; stir over heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Marinade: Combine chili sauce with soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Place ribs in large shallow dish; pour marinade over ribs.
- Cover tightly; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare fire for indirect-heat cooking.
- Drain ribs; cook in preheated, covered grill, turning occasionally, until browned and crispy all over (about 30 minutes).