Zesty BBQ Ribs
Homemade barbecue sauce is easier than you think! This tangy and spicy sauce
will wow your family and take your barbecue ribs to the next level of deliciousness.
- 2 racks (about 4 pounds total) baby back ribs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant
Coffee Granules or NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea or kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (12 fluid ounces) amber ale or 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Ribs: Fit rack inside large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Using knife,
remove membranes from bone side of ribs (this step is very important for tender
ribs). Pat ribs dry with paper towel; place on rack with meat side up.
- Combine sugar, coffee granules, salt, garlic powder, coriander, pepper and
cocoa in coffee or spice grinder; cover. Process until smooth.
- Lightly rub ribs with oil. Sprinkle with rub mixture, pressing gently to
help it adhere to the ribs. Let stand at room temperature for no more than 1
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Pour beer into bottom of roasting pan. Cover
pan with foil; bake for 4 to 5 hours (this will be long enough for the meat
to be very tender, but not falling off the bones). Prepare sauce during the
last 30 minutes of baking.
- Heat grill. Grill ribs over medium flame, turning once, for 5 minutes. Brush
with sauce during grilling.
- Let ribs rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- BBQ Sauce: Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook
for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and bouillon. Stir until sugar and bouillon
- Stir in mustard, chili powder and adobo sauce. Cover; cook for 30 minutes.
The sauce will thicken as it simmers.
Prep Time: 15 | Cooking Time: 245 min
Cooling Time: 60 | Servings: 8
Double or triple the spice rub and store in a tightly sealed container in a cool,
dry place. It will remain fresh for up to 1 month. Use 2 to 3 teaspoons rub per
pound of meat. Rub is also great on pork chops, pork tenderloin, skinless chicken
breasts and salmon fillets!
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestle and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Grilled Rib Recipes