Grilled Boston Lettuce with
Blue Cheese-Bacon Dressing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled into medium pieces
- 4 heads Boston lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil, stirring
frequently. Stir in 3/4 cup of the blue cheese, immediately reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring
frequently. Stir in the sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and bacon. Keep warm.
- Cut each head of lettuce in half through the core, leaving the core intact.
Brush all sides with the olive oil. Grill each half over medium heat for 45 seconds on each side.
- Place each lettuce half on a serving plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Garnish with the tomato slices; sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese to the dressing; mix well. Ladle the
warm dressing over the lettuce.
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.