Grilled New Potato Salad with Bacon and Scallions
Grilled New Potato Salad has the flavor of the grill and the smoky bacon flavor.
- 6 slices bacon, thick-cut, cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
- 2 pounds red new potatoes, (golf-ball size), scrubbed and poked with a fork
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, including green tops, cut crosswise into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill on medium.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes around cool outer edges of grill or place on upper rack if grill is so equipped. Cover and grill potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl.
- Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes. Gently toss to thoroughly combine.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
The potato salad can be made up to 2 hours prior to serving. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 280 calories Protein: 6 grams Fat: 18 grams Sodium: 571 milligrams Cholesterol: 10 milligrams Saturated Fat: 4 grams Carbohydrates: 21 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Reprinted with permission from
the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.