Grilled Pork, Couscous and Dried Cherry
Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Grilled pork and couscous with a dried cherry and citrus vinaigrette is the
focus of a one-dish summer supper. Serve with grilled garlic bread.
- 2 boneless pork chops, 4-ounces each, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Combine cumin, ginger, allspice, garlic powder and cayenne and rub mixture
over pork cubes.
- Skewer cubes and grill over hot coals for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl cover couscous with boiling water seasoned with
1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Stir cherries and onion into couscous. Arrange cucumber around the edge
of serving platter; arrange couscous mixture in center, top with orange slices
and pork cubes.
- In small bowl stir together olive oil, orange juice, zest, brown sugar,
salt and pepper; drizzle over salad; garnish with pecans.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Servings: 4
Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled rose or vin gris wine.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 560 calories Protein: 23 grams Fat: 20 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams Cholesterol: 30 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.