- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high and grill peppers until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- When cool, peel off charred skin. Cut peppers into strips reserving any accumulated juices.
- Place onion slices in microwavable bowl with sugar, salt and water to cover.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove and drain onions.
- Arrange peppers, onion, tomatoes and basil on plate, and toss with vinegar and olive oil.
>> GRILLING RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.