Santa Fe Salad with Grilled Pork Tenderloin
This easy entrée salad is mostly a matter of assembly—the bed of the salad
is convenient pre-cut lettuce, topped with contemporary canned vegetables, grilled
pork tenderloin and a tangy vinaigrette. Serve with mini corn muffins for a
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fruit vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Rubs all surfaces of the pork tenderloin with rub. Grill over medium-hot
fire for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature,
read with a meat thermometer, is 145 degrees F.
- Let tenderloin rest 5 minutes while composing salad.
- On each of four dinner plates arrange a bed of chopped lettuce.
- Divide beans, corn, roasted pepper and onion and arrange on top of lettuce.
- In small bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, honey, red pepper and salt for
- Slice tenderloin and divide equally; arrange slices on top of salads.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and garnish with cilantro.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4
Nutrition Information: Calories: 460 calories Protein: 33 grams Fat: 19 grams
Sodium: 1330 milligrams Cholesterol: 75 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.