Avocado Ranch Burgers with Smoked Cheddar
Add an extra kick of flavor to your grilling menu with this ranch hamburger recipe. Topped with ranch seasoned mashed avocado and smoked cheddar cheese this avocado burger will have your guests applauding.
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado *, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- Place 1/4 of the dry ranch mix in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ranch mix, ground beef, onion and barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Form into 4 large flat patties and grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Top each with about 3 tablespoons shredded cheese while still warm.
- Grill bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Add mashed avocado to remaining dry ranch mix and mix well.
- To assemble, top each bread slice with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and a burger patty. Add a heaping spoonful of seasoned avocado.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Reprinted with permission from
the California Avocado Board.