Brewpub Burgers with Caramelized Chipotle Onions
Grill Mates® Backyard Brew Marinade and beer add unmistakable flavor and moistness
to burgers. Serve with red onions caramelized with brown sugar and chipotle chile
pepper for a smoky finish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Backyard Brew Marinade, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons beer, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce, tomato and condiments (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, 1 teaspoon of the
Marinade Mix and chipotle chile pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until
onions are golden brown. Add 2 tablespoons of the beer and sugar; cook and stir
1 to 2 minutes or until beer has evaporated. Set aside.
- Mix remaining Marinade Mix, remaining 1/3 cup beer and Worcestershire sauce
in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef; mix lightly. Shape into 6
- Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked
through (internal temperature of 160 degrees F). Add cheese slices to burgers
1 minute before cooking is completed. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down,
about 30 seconds or until golden. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with caramelized
onions. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments.
Yield: 6 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 25 min
per serving Calories: 432 Fat: 21 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 739 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 28 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
McCormick & Company, Inc.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.