Cheese Fondue Burger
Seasoned beef patties are grilled to perfection, dunked in a creamy Swiss and Gruyère cheese fondue and served on a toasted bun, garnished with sliced apple.
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) beef burger patties
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 whole clove
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Riesling wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Swiss or Emmentaler Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Gruyère Cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, sliced into thin rings
Recipe created by chef Steve Fiore Chiappetti.
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.