Chipotle Burger with Chile Poblano and Avocado
These burgers have a spicy and smoky flavor. The poblano pepper is a large green
pepper usually found near the jalapeño peppers in the produce aisle. Once cooked
it is tender, mild flavor but not very spicy. Find the chipotle peppers in adobo
sauce in a small can near the Hispanic aisle. If you don’t like hot flavors just
omit the chipotle peppers and give it a try with the poblano pepper.
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, charred, seeded and deveined
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup onions, minced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, divided
- 4 hamburger bun or gluten free bun
- 4 lettuce slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 1-3 chipotle peppers from can, minced (or more depending on your taste)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 ripe fresh Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- Heat the grill. Roast the poblano chiles on the hot grill for 8 to 10 minutes,
turning them on all sides until charred. Remove from heat, place in a bowl and
cover the bowl with a plate for 5 minutes.
- Mix ground beef with chipotle chile, garlic, onion and season with salt
and pepper as desired. Divide the meat into four patties. Reserve.
- Grill hamburger patties until 145 degrees F.
- Meanwhile peel off carefully the charred skin of the poblano chiles and
discard seeds and stem. An easier way to clean is to hold the stem, and scrape
charred skin with a butter knife. Avoid running the chile under running water
because it will lose some of the flavor. Keep aside and cut poblano chile in
strip lengthwise and then dice.
- Mash avocado and pour in juice of 1/2 of a lime. Combine poblano chile with
- Warm hamburger bun on the grill. Squeeze lime on hamburger patties once
- Layer the bottom hamburger bun with 1 lettuce and tomato slice, top with
cooked hamburger patty, then the avocado topper and end with the top bun.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
Nutrition Facts - Amount Per Serving - One serving=one burger: Calories 380
Total Fat 15.0g Saturated Fat 4.0g Trans Fat 0.0g Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9g Monounsaturated
Fat 7.6g Cholesterol 70.0mg Sodium 710.0mg Total Carbohydrates 33.0g Dietary Fiber
6.0g Sugar 6.0g Protein 29.0g
Vitamin A 4832 IU Vitamin C 91 Calcium 104 Iron 4.8 Vitamin D 1.5 Folate
106 Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 150%; Calcium 10%; Iron 25%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages
about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Hass Avocado Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.