Grilled Bratwurst with Spicy Mesquite Peppers and Onions
This recipe is perfect for tailgating - start the vegetable mixture at home and
grill the sausages at the game.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 2 (20 ounce) packagesbratwurst sausage
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 extra large onions, sliced into thin strips (about 7 cups)
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into thin strips (about 4 cups)
- 10 hoagie rolls
- Mix ketchup, beer, Worcestershire sauce and Marinade Mix in small bowl;
- Grill sausages on medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir
- Add bell pepper; cook and stir 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add mesquite sauce and sausages to skillet; stir well. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve on hoagie rolls.
Makes 10 servings.
Tailgating Tip: Mix onion-pepper mixture and mesquite sauce in disposable heavy
duty 13 x 9-inch foil pan; cover and refrigerate. To reheat, remove cover and place
foil pan directly on grill, stirring occasionally. Grill sausages, then add to pan./p>
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 775 Sodium: 2280 mg Fat: 35
g Carbohydrates: 88 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 27 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.