Grilled Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
These are the best hot dogs. I prefer using kosher hot dogs, but any type hot dog may be used. You can also grill some thinly sliced onion to use on top of these dogs!
- 1 ounce Cheddar cheese or any other cheese desired
- 4 Hebrew National or Nathan's kosher hot dogs
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- Prepare the grill.
- Cut the Cheddar cheese into long, thin strips slightly shorter than the length of a hot dog.
- Split the hot dogs lengthwise without cutting all of the way through to create a pocket for the cheese.
- Place a strip of cheese into the pocket of each hot dog. Tightly wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon, securing each end of the bacon with a wooden pick.
- Place the cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped hot dogs on the cooler outer part of the grill with the cheese on top, positioning them as far from the heat source as possible. Cover the grill and cook the hot dogs until the bacon is brown and crisp, approximately 20 minutes.
- Place each hot dog in a bun and serve immediately with your favorite condiments.