Grilled Hawaiian Quesadillas
If you can't vacation in Hawaii... take the luau to your own backyard.
- 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls or 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 pound deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups drained pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll each Texas roll or 2 dinner rolls combined into a thin 8-inch circle.
- Brush grill or grill pan with olive oil. Grill each roll, on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 4 of the grilled rolls with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Combine ham, pineapple and cilantro and toss together until well combined. Divide ham mixture equally between the 4 cheese topped grilled rolls. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the ham mixture.
- Place the remaining 4 grilled rolls over the cheese topped ham mixture. Place back on grill and grill until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Prep Time: 20-30
Bake Time: 5-10
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.