Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos
Designed by Chef Rick Bayless using Bohemia beer as an ingredient. Bohemia’s
deep, yet subtle aromas of fruit and roasted barley, alongside its cocoa-like bitterness
and vanilla-hinted sweetness, pair incredibly well with Chef Rick’s unique vision
of Mexican cuisine.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds trimmed beef skirt steak
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Frontera Chipotle Salsa or Frontera Roasted Tomato Salsa
- 1/2 cup Bohemia beer
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- 12 fresh, warm tortillas
- Cut steak into 4- or 5-inch portions. Mix 1/2 cup of the salsa, the beer,
garlic, lime juice, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large zippered bag. Add
the steak. Close the bag tightly and turn gently to coat the steak. Refrigerate
1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high or light a charcoal fire. Brush or spray
the onion slices with vegetable oil. Grill onions over a cooler section of the
grill, turning carefully until softened and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer
to a serving dish.
- Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the marinade). Oil the steak
well on both sides, and lay it over the hottest part of the grill. Grill, turning
once, until richly browned and done to your liking, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes
per side for medium-rare.
- Cut skirt steak across the grain into thin strips. Mix with the onions,
season with a little salt. Serve steak and onions with the remaining Frontera
salsa, cilantro, lime wedges and hot tortillas, for making into soft tacos.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Provided to recipegoldmine by Herradura.