Killer Steak Burgers with Black
Pepper Mayo and Crispy Onions
Peppery mayo and crispy onions create tantalizing toppers for sauced-up burgers.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups French-fried onions (from 6-ounce can)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In large bowl, mix beef, steak sauce, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and
1/2 cup of the onions. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick. In small
bowl, mix mayonnaise and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 11 to 13 minutes,
turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160
degrees F. During last 2 minutes of cooking, place buns, cut sides down, on
grill until toasted.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of buns. Top with remaining 3/4 cup
onions, the lettuce and burgers. Cover with top halves of buns.
Prep time: 25 Min | Total time: 25 Min | Servings: 4
For the best flavor, buy whole black peppercorns and grind your pepper as you
To give these burgers a different twist, try substituting your favorite barbecue
sauce for the steak sauce.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Sandwich) Calories 580 (Calories from
Fat 310), Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 3 1/2g), Cholesterol 115mg;
Sodium 1400mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 35g
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 2.00%; Calcium 10.00%;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.