Mesquite Lime Chicken Sandwiches
A mesquite-marinated chicken breast is grilled then topped with melted cheese, bacon and all the trimmings - it's a feast on a bun!
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 8 small club rolls
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon (optional)
- 8 slices American cheese (optional)
- Mix Marinade Mix, lime juice, honey and oil in small bowl. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently.
- Serve chicken on toasted rolls with lettuce and tomatoes. Top with bacon, cheese and condiments, if desired.
Cooking Tips: Prepare as directed, using McCormick® Grill Mates® Zesty Herb or Baja Citrus Marinade in place of the Mesquite Marinade. Try the sandwich with Swiss cheese and ham instead of American cheese and bacon.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 327 Sodium: 667mg Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 34g Cholesterol: 73mg Protein: 32g Fiber: 2g
Reprinted with permission from