Orange-Grilled Pork Sandwiches with Apricot Sauce
Open faced sandwiches aren't just kids stuff. Serve these sandwiches with Grilled
Antipasto Salad and Grilled Pineapple with Molasses-Lime Butter.
- 1 pound boneless single-loin pork roast
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 6 tablespoons Madeira
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 slices French bread, OR Italian bread, 1-inch thick, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In small bowl, stir together preserves, 2 tablespoons Madeira, mustard,
garlic and pepper; cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Place pork in self-sealing bag; add orange juice, remaining 1/4 cup Madeira,
orange zest and ginger; seal bag and toss to coat pork. Refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Prepare banked medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill pork over indirect
heat for 20-30 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145
- Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork and place on toasted bread; top with apricot sauce; sprinkle
with onion and cilantro.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 40 min
Marinating Time: 24 hr | Servings: 4
Serve a chilled Chenin Blanc or Viognier.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 335 calories Protein: 27 grams Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 290 milligrams Cholesterol: 60 milligrams Saturated Fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates:
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com