- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup prepared thick and chunky salsa
- 4 frozen cream cheese or cheddar cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers
- 4 hamburger buns, split, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa con queso
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- Combine ground beef and 1/4 cup salsa in large bowl, mixing lightly but
thoroughly. Lightly shape into four thin patties. Place one stuffed pepper in
center of each patty; wrap beef around pepper to enclose, sealing seams and
forming ball. Flatten balls into patties. Patties will be about 4 to 5 inches
across and 1 inch thick.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered,
15 to 16 minutes to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, until beef is not pink
in center, turning occasionally.
- Serve in buns; top burgers with 1 tablespoon salsa con queso. Sprinkle evenly
with tomatoes and olives.
Makes 4 servings.
Burger Basics: Use a gentle touch when shaping patties. Over-handling results
in a firm compact texture. Always turn patties with a spatula, without pressing
or flattening which causes loss of flavorful juices and results in dry burgers.
Recipe credit: Washington State Beef Commission
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.