- 1/2 cup (8 cookies) crushed gingersnaps, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash of black pepper
- Reserve 2 tablespoons gingersnaps. Combine remaining gingersnaps, 2 tablespoons
tomato sauce, onion and salt.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Shape into 4 half-inch thick patties.
- Heat grill to medium/high. Place patties on grill. Put sauce on side burner
and heat till slightly bubbly.
- When patties are nearly done, spoon a small amount of sauce on tops and
heat for a minute or two.
- Sprinkle remaining gingersnaps on patties after removing from grill.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.