All-American Barbecue Sauce
Use as a barbecue sauce for chicken, ribs or pork chops. For a zestier sauce, increase hot pepper sauce to 1/2 teaspoon.
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan; simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Makes 7/8 cup.