Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
Use this sauce the same day it is made.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oil in a nonreactive saucepan. Add onions and chile and cook over moderate heat stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, sugar, mustard and Tabasco sauce and bring to a simmer. Add blueberries and simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pue e the sauce in a blender or processor until smooth. Pass through a strainer and season with salt and pepper.