Brown Sugar Rub for Fish
- 1/2 cup kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon savory
- Mix together all ingredients breaking up any clumps.
- Coat filets with a heavy layer, reserving a couple of tablespoons for later use.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Unwrap and thoroughly rinse with cold water. You must rinse VERY clean, otherwise the fish will be much too salty.
- Let fish sit out until it becomes slightly tacky (peculiar formation), about 1 hour.
- Prior to cooking, sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and the remaining rub.
- Grill or broil until fish flakes easily with a fork. No need to turn over!
Posted by bbqguru at Recipe Goldmine 6/13/01 6:58:21 am.