Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
Barbecue sauce without tomatoes! Try this change of pace Carolina Style BBQ Sauce with grilled chicken
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard (prepared)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, water, chili powder,
pepper, and Tabasco. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the soy and butter and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Use as you would any barbecue sauce.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.