Grady Spears' Molasses Rub
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- To prepare the rub, combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor
and process until the mixture is well blended. The rub can be prepared in advance
and stored in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Using your hands, completely cover the sirloin steaks with the rub, place
them on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to return to room
temperature while you prepare the grill.
- Grill the sirloin for 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/28/01 1:13:54 pm.
Source: Chef Grady Spears, author of The Great Steak Book
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes for Grilling