- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon whiskey, your choice of brands
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut about 1/2 inch off top of garlic. Cut roots so garlic head will sit flat. Remove some papery skin from garlic, but leave enough so the cloves stay together.
- Place in a small baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, cover and bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
- Cool until you can handle garlic.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki, soy and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils, reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze sides of garlic head until roasted garlic is squeezed out. Measure 1 teaspoon into saucepan.
- Stir remaining ingredients into pan, simmer 40 to 50 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half and is thick and syrupy.
- Use on top of meats and as a side sauce.
Makes 1 cup.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.