Hawaiian Fruit Barbecue Sauce
Hawaiian Fruit Barbecue Sauce is particularly recommended for barbecuing spare
- 1 (1 pound 1 ounce) can drained apricot halves
- 1 (1 pound 14 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1 medium can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 1/4 teaspoon Angostura Bitters
- Puree fruit in a blender.
- Put pureed fruit in a saucepan, then add remaining
ingredients. Simmer very slowly until thick.
This sauce freezes nicely, so you may want to make enough to put in the freezer
for future occasions.