Jalapeno-Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons peach chutney
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pickling liquid from jar or 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and bring the liquid to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook the mixture until the onions are tender and the sauce thickens, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use the sauce warm or chilled. It keeps, refrigerated, for a couple of weeks. Serve bacon glazed with Jalapeno-Peach Barbecue Sauce.
- Bake thick-sliced strips of bacon for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, then brush both sides with the sauce and continue cooking for another 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Makes about 2 cups.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.