Kathleen's BBQ Sauce
- 8 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 6 heaping tablespoons vinegar *
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco
- little bit of garlic powder
* A liquid heaping spoon is pouring very slowly and when spoon is full don't
- Cook over medium heat in small frying pan, stirring once or twice. When
vinegar is not strong smelling and it is medium thick it's done. It will
really thicken when it cools.
Pepper regulates heat. Add more or less to your taste. Same with garlic.
You can omit Tabasco if you don't like it.
If you cook it too long, it will caramelize. Just soak pan in hot water for
10-20 minutes and it will come right out.